About me

I'am a student at Linda Marquez High School and attend to HPIAM.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

I have been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor.’ I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls–walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground–there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of the circle? No. Never! I’d die first!”
- Karl G. Maesar  


What this quote is saying is that it sets an example on how he is saying that he’d never break a promise and rather die than break it. No matter how bad he was  tortured or trapped he still wouldn’t break a promise. This is trying to teach us that we should always keep our word of honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment